More From Advanced Style

Header_1.13

Header_1.13

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hair Bows


[Photos by Ari Seth Cohen]
This post is dedicated to Maira Kalman, one of my favorite writers and artists. In her book, The Principles Of Uncertainty, she included wonderful photos of people from behind. I was inspired to take the photos above after seeing the shots she took in the Hermitage, of a woman with a bow in her hair(below). Hair bows are a great way to add some charm and style to an already fashionable hairdo.

[Photos by Maira Kalman]

9 comments:

Bad Taste Toast said...

Cute and chic ladies! their looks remind me a bit of Bunny McDougal from Sex and the City :)

Janis said...

A quick question -- any chance you can ask your models for cosmetic tips? Finding a powder or foundation that doesn't look like dust or spackle on middle-aged skin can be a dicey proposition, and I'm wondering what to do as my skin ages. The only thing I do know is that mindlessly continuing to do what I've done since I was 20 is NOT a recipe for success as I approach 50.

I know to go slightly subtler and concentrate a bit more on the eyes, but just basic things like heavy versus light foundation and powder versus liquid can be iffy. I'd rather not look like I've got plaster on my face!

Advice from your various muses would be much appreciated. :-)

sacramento said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh How wonderful all the bows are,
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Missy said...

I immediately thought of Bunny McDougal as well!

London is passion said...

Indeed our Russian ladies are cute)

FairyFiligree said...

what a lovely idea - such simplicity can make any woman look that much more interesting no?

The Pleat said...

Ahhh! WE actually can't wait until our hair is a perfect snowy white like this. . . it's really lovely!
Thanks Ari!

Cathy said...

I thought the same thing as Bad Taste Toast, Bunny McDougal from SATC!! Ha Ha

InaMariana said...

I love bow and hair accesories! Thats why I make them!!!! And sell them on esty!

BlogCatalog

fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Included in AnOther
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...