More From Advanced Style

Header_1.13

Header_1.13

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mimi Weddell: A Model Life


People always ask me about the elegant lady in my header photo. I had the pleasure of meeting this extraordinary woman when I first moved to New York about three years ago. Mimi Weddell was an actress and model who started her career in her late 60s. She appeared in ad campaigns for Nike, Louis Vuitton, and Juicy Couture and appeared in several movies and television programs including "Hitch" and "Sex and The City". Here are some great photos of Mimi shot by photographer Bryant Woodd. Most of theses have never been seen before so I am excited to share them on Advanced Style.

Mimi passed away on my birthday, in 2009 at the age of 94, but her spirit definitely lives on in the wonderful documentary on her life" Hat's Off". Enjoy this clip below:

14 comments:

Elra's cooking and baking said...

Wow! She's truly an amazing woman. Very inspiring Ari. I love the video a lot.

Elra's cooking and baking said...

I must add that, you are very lucky to have known her personally.

The Style Crone said...

Between Mimi and Ilona, what do we have to fear??? They put me in a constant state of fascination.

Fashionistable said...

More than beautiful. Xxxx

Linnea said...

Delightful lady!

barbara said...

she is wonderful!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

What great photos! She is something!

Isabel said...

Superb, I love the pictures and elegance of the lady.

Isabel - Spain
http://ssasdiary.blogspot.com/

GreatSheElephant said...

My goodness, I love that trailer. Where can we buy Hats Off? I've looked on Amazon and I don't see it.

Anonymous said...

Aren't those black-and-whites Carmen Dell'Orefice??

GreatSheElephant said...

Umm, no. Entirely different jawline for a start.

Actually, that was a serious question about where one can get this film. I'd LOVE to see the whole thing.

Ari said...

You can buy the film at hatsoffthemovie.com/

Nomadic D. said...

wonderful! gotta get my hands on a copy of that film and watch the whole thing now!

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing woman with the world through your blog! I recently found the blog through a link (I know, a little behind the times) but love it! Though the thing that drew me in immediately and made reading through your posts something I actually focused on (with the ADD age of the internet, that can be difficult!) was that Amazing photo on the header! I, as it appears many of your readers, HAD to know who that woman is/was. I am sad to hear of her passing, but am grateful to have found this blog to document some of her amazing style and fashion as well as the many other ladies seen in your posts. If I ever manage to be half as fashionable and amazing as Mimi I will consider myself a lucky woman indeed!! Thanks for sharing! And keep up the great work, this blog is fantastic!

BlogCatalog

fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Included in AnOther
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...