More From Advanced Style

Header_1.13

Header_1.13

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Advanced Style: Drawing Inspiration


When I was a child I would draw pictures of fancy ladies and chandeliers and make little books of them. The other day I decided to try my hand at drawing again. It's funny because my drawing skills haven't "advanced" much and these ladies look very much like the ones I did as a kid. As a child I was still drawn to the style of older people and my old sketches were definitely an influence on me starting this blog. I hope you enjoy them!

15 comments:

thwany said...

these are adorable.

Enrique said...

a lovely, charming set! keep drawing.

sarah louise walker said...

adorabibble! this should be a weekly thing since they are so cute.

Sarah Louise
http://www.tzipporit.blogspot.com

harrydog said...

they are sooo adorable!!! i want one please!!!!(me, angel) i love that you posted them!!! xx

Beach Vintage said...

These are so cute, thanks for making my morning fun.

Style Odyssey said...

these are too cute! each one made me smile. :)

r l n ! said...

Yes, they may still look like your kid-drawings, but they sure are in vogue today! They are hip, they are cute, and oh so expressive!

What fun :)

mim said...

I looooove them!! :)

Ang. said...

They are awesome! They look like they're flying or floating in the air and a couple of them remind me a little bit of Edward Gorey.

Lady in Stunning Gowns said...

All sketches are soo adorable. keep drawing..

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures. They remind me of these:

http://www.bubblesandcheesecake.com/store/paintings.htm

L.T. said...

Love it, so cute!

traveling, in huis en erbuiten.... said...

drawings are cunning, carry all the promise of later, which is now. wow.

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I would buy a set of these, frame them with brightly colored mats and hang them on the wall.

Anonymous said...

I love these! I drew fancy ladies too!

BlogCatalog

fashion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Included in AnOther
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...